My kids are going through an annoying, obnoxious trend of not wanting to eat anything green. They also look at bread as if it is God! Ok, yes bread is that good, but lord god child eat your vegetables!!! So being the strong willed momma that I am, I decided to try and find a recipe for bread that is grain free. I wanted a grain free recipe so my kids could eat it on a regular basis. I am not against all grains, but we do limit our eating to gluten free grains in moderation, and soaking them properly for better nutrient absorption, and digestion.
So I went to my trusted source, Ms. Danielle Walker. She has a great bread called the sandwich bread. This was my first time making it. The flavor is really good, but I feel the texture/strenth of the bread is more like a breakfast bread. I am not sure this bread will withstand the strength of a sandwich. It’s a really great option to toast in the morning, and a great addition to eggs and nut butters.
THANK YOU DANIELLE FOR THE AMAZING RECIPE! XO
~1 cup of cashew butter
~4 large eggs
~2 tbsp of honey or if you want it slightly sweeter, 2 tbsp of grade B maple syrup
~2.5 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
~1/4 cup of almond milk
~1/2 teaspoon of celtic sea salt
~1 teaspoon of baking soda
~1/4 cup coconut flour
1. Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
2. Line the bottom of a 8.5 by 4.5 bread loaf pan. Spread coconut oil on the sides and bottom of pan.
3. Beat the cashew butter with the egg yolks, then add the honey, vinegar, and milk. Use a mixer.
4. Beat the egg whites in separate bowl until it peaks form.
5. Combine dry ingredients in another smaller bowl, and then add to cashew mixture.
6. Make sure the oven is completely preheated before adding the egg whites and the dry ingredients to the cashew mixture.
7. Combine all ingredients, pour into bread loaf , and bake 45/50 minutes. I baked an additional ten minutes.
8. Let cool 15 minutes. Remove parchment paper. Let cool on wire rack another hour. Can use in fridge up to 1 week. Cut up and Freeze for later use.